The 2018 North American School of Information Theory will be held May 20-23 2018 at the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, TX.
The school is the 11th Annual North American School of Information Theory and follows a series of events designed to provide graduate students with opportunities to:
- Learn from senior lecturers in the field who will present long-format (2 1/2 hour) tutorials;
- Participate in a stimulating and inviting forum of scientists;
- Present their own work for feedback and potential collaboration;
- Deepen their connections with the community.
A limited number of travel grants will be available for participating students and postdocs.
The school will be held over 3 and a half day and will consist of
- Senior lecturers presenting long-format (2 1/2 hour) tutorials;
- Students presenting their own work in poster sessions.
The confirmed lecturers for this year’s event are the following:
Hands-on machine learning workshop by Alex Dimakis
Will be announced soon.
Olgica Milenkovic, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Yury Polyanksiy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Naftali Tishby, Hebrew University
Title: Information Theory of Deep Learning
Rajesh Sundaresan, Indian Institute of Science